2) Any prospective student who is aged above 18 and represents himself/ herself.
3) Any minor student represented by parent or guardian (of Indian nationality).
4) The student must have gotten merit-based admission in any professional, technical, or other courses through a valid entrance exam and other selection procedure.
5) Slight waiver it or relaxation is also allowed under specific situations.
6) The applicant (if planning to study overseas) must have already taken admission in approved foreign universities or institutes.
Photocopy of mark sheet of the applicant’s latest qualifying public exam for school or college in India.
Proof of admission to the course (Fee receipts, Transfer Certificate obtained from the institute).
Two recent passport size photos of the prospective student, guardian and guarantor.
Photocopy of any national ID card like passport, Voters ID, Driving License etc of all the student, parent(s) and guarantor.
Most recent salary slips if you are a salaried person and income proofs like reference from clients, IT papers etc.
If you are self-employed, freelancers, professionals, entrepreneurs or agriculturist.
Bachelors in Arts, Commerce & Science.
Masters in Arts, Commerce & Science and MPhil and PhD.
Professional Courses:- Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary, Agriculture, Law, Computer Programming.
Management Courses:- BCA, MCA, BBM, BBA, and MBA, approved by All India Council for Technical Education.
For Computer Studies, the recognized training institution must have authorization of DOE and Government of India to conduct the course under Department of Electronics Accreditation of Computer Course (DOEACC) Scheme.
Computer Certification Courses of renowned institutions attributed to Department of Electronics or Institutes associated to Universities.
Courses like CA, ICWA, and CFA.
Courses held by IIT, IIM, IISc, XLRI, and NIFT.
Courses provided in India by known international universities.
Evening Courses from authorized institutes.
Any other course offering a Diploma or Degree by UGC/Govt approved colleges and universities.
Courses conducted by National Institutes and other valid private institutes accepted by Syndicate Bank.
Maximum of INR. 10 lakh for studying in India
Prime Lending Rate is currently 13.25 percent
For Syndicate Bank education loans up to INR. 4 lakhs, the interest rate is Prime Lending Rate (PLR) minus 1.50 percent.
For SB education loans above INR. 4 lakhs, the interest rate is PLR minus one percent.
Girl students and students belonging to SC/ST group are entitled for a deduction of 0.50 percent on the aforementioned rates.
Girl students under SC/ST group are qualified for an additional rebate of .25 percent on the said rates and together they get a concession of .75 percent.
The loan is expected to be repaid in five to seven years after one year of completing the course or six months after getting a job. You get an interest free window period of 6 months till the applicant finds a job.
For an SB Education Loan up to INR. 4 lakhs – Nil
For loans more than INR. 4 lakhs – 5 percent for studying in India and 15 percent for overseas studies.
1) For SB Education Loans up to INR. 4 lakhs, there is no requirement for any security by the bank.
2) For SB Education Loans between INR. 4 lakhs and INR. 7.50 lakhs, a security in the form of an acceptable third party guarantor is required.
3) For SB Education Loans above INR. 7.50 lakhs, a collateral security with 25 percent margin covering the loan sum and transfer of future earnings of the student for repayment of loan after completing the course and securing a job is required.
4) In all these scenarios, the parent or guardian or even the third party guarantor can join the transaction as co-debtor.
Interest Subsidy:- Central Scheme aims to deliver Interest Subsidy for the moratorium term on Educational Loans by students from financially weak families from scheduled banks under IBA’s Model Education Loan Scheme. Syndicate Bank too has adopted this scheme.
SB education loans are granted purely on the basis of need, which include:-
Cost of books, instruments and travel for educational purposes
Other passage fares for international education
[Note that capitation fee, donation amount or money for external coaching will not be granted.]